“The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members.” – Coretta Scott King
Partners in Healthcare
Hospice care is a special way of caring for a patient with a terminal illness who no longer receives curative treatment. The hospice philosophy uses a team approach to coordinate care which includes the patient, family, nurses, nurses’ aides, social workers, physicians, clergy, and volunteers.
Our services deliver palliative and comfort care while placing a special emphasis on the patient’s quality of life.
Hospice services include
- On-call nursing services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including weekends and holidays.
- Outpatient medication for pain relief.
- Short-term inpatient care, including respite care.
- Speech, physical, and occupational therapy.
- Medical equipment and supplies.
- Spiritual care for patients and family members.
- Bereavement counseling for family members.
The KVH Hospice team works closely with Hospice Friends to provide spiritual counseling, volunteer, medical and nutritional supplies, and equipment needs for patients. Visit the KVH website to learn more.
KVH Radio Hill Annex
1506 E Radio Rd Ellensburg, WA
Kittitas Valley Healthcare provides grant funding to Hearts & Hands of Kittitas County to support the volunteer programs offered to KVH Hospice patients.
Kittitas Valley Healthcare provides low-cost rent to Hearts & Hands of Kittitas County to have a home to provide services to our community.